Reverse Lookup Free:
Reverse Lookup Plus:
Reverse Lookup is an Android application that simplifies the act of discovering the identity of an unknown caller.
With just 1 click, Reverse Lookup will search several public directories in an attempt to identify a mystery number. It will even look to user-generated directories if no official results are found.
Once caller information is found, the user is presented with several options.
- View map
- Save Contact
- Block Future Calls
- Google for more information
- Copy data to clipboard for use in other applications
For screenshots and more information, see the app’s listing on the Android market(link above).
An ad-free version is also available. (Reverse Lookup Plus)
Although they are frequently requested features(and we would love to be able to add them), there are three things that this app cannot possibly do(nor can any other app):
- Lookup cell phone numbers – There is no public directory of cell phone numbers so it is impossible to lookup. Reverse Lookup can usually identify the number’s carrier, but nothing beyond that.
- Identify BLOCKED numbers – Blocked numbers are completely unseen to your phone, so it’s impossible to unveil them.
- Locate a cell phone by GPS – Imagine the security implications if you could locate a stranger via the GPS on their phone! Thankfully, this isn’t possible. The locations returned by Reverse Lookup refer to the area where the phone number was originally registered.
** If you are only seeing outgoing calls on the app’s main screen, this probably applies to you: Motorola/Verizon Users **