We’re happy to announce that our hiatus from the Amazon Appstore has come to an end.
Reverse Lookup PLUS on the Amazon Appstore is now updated to parity with the Play Store version.
In addition, the free version of Reverse Lookup is now available there as well.
Reverse Lookup Free:
Reverse Lookup Plus:
Hey all – just a quick note.. after releasing version 3.3.1 over the weekend, we noticed a bug that was causing crashes at launch for a lot of users.
We’ve just pushed out version 3.3.2 on the Google Play Store which should solve this issue, so please be sure to grab the latest version if you’re having trouble.
Thank you and as always, please reach out if you have any comments or questions.
Hi! Today we’re beginning to launch Reverse Lookup 3.3 on the Google Play Store. All users should start receiving this update today. Although the update is fairly substantial, most of the changes are behind the scenes and most existing users won’t see a difference in their day to day use.
So what did change?
New permissions request model – We’re now building the app against the latest Android APIs, something we had previously planned to do as we moved through the second half of the year. What this brings for our users is the realtime permissions request model that was implemented when Android 6.0 launched a few years back. Existing users won’t see a change – you’ve already accepted the needed permissions when you downloaded the app prior to today. New users on devices using Android 6.0 and up will now be asked to grant permissions as they are needed for the first time. The permission requested at app launch is used to build the main screen from your device’s call log. If you don’t grant this permission, you’ll only be able to search for calls by entering phone numbers by hand. The other permission you may be prompted to grant is for writing contacts, which is used when you use the app to block a number.
Permissions cleanup – Prior to this release, we needed to request the permission for writing to external storage as a requirement of the Google Maps API which is used on the location tab in search results. Google Maps no longer requires this permission, so we’ve removed the request from the app.
As always, we’ll be monitoring the launch and quickly releasing fixes for any issues that arise, so you may receive the app with a different minor version number.
Legacy Android Support dropped – Some of these changes have required us to drop support for devices running versions of Android under 4.0, which was released over 6 years ago as of this writing. According to our data, less than 500 users were still on these versions, and while the app version they have will continue to work for now, they will no longer receive updates or support.
As always, thank you for using the app and please reach out if you have any issues or questions.
At this time, there is not.
However, we are exploring the idea of creating a web version that can be used on any device.
Please keep an eye out here or on Google+ for more info when we can share it.
For VOIP numbers it can be hit or miss as they can easily be spoofed and sometimes change with each call made.
Hi, after you lookup a number, on the results screen, press the button labeled “Copy data to clipboard”. After this, you can long press on any text input in Android and a “Paste” button will appear.
You shouldn’t have to do anything special, but sometimes firmware updates can screw with permissions. If you are getting crashes you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
If that doesn’t help please get our email address from the app listing and shoot us a message so we can help you further. Thanks!
Sorry, as mentioned in the app description there is no public data available for cell phone numbers, so we don’t know.
Thank you for your feedback. We’ll look into this and see if it’s possible for us to provide a way to do this in a future version.
Hi all. Just had a back-and-forth with a user who was having issues with the app crashing on his Razr phone after receiving Verizon’s 4.1.2 update. Apparantly this update causes many issues with the device, one being that some apps actually lose their permissions!
The user was able to solve the issue by uninstalling Reverse Lookup and then reinstalling. This forces the phone to re-accept the needed permissions.
This information will be added to the FAQ as well.